Adding, editing, and removing users in PSTrax
In this article
Adding new users to PSTrax
- Name (required)
- Login / User Name (required) - This must be unique across all of PSTrax. We recommend using the users' email address.
- Password (required)
- Email Address (required) - This is the email that PSTrax alert notifications will be sent to.
- Cell Phone & Carrier - Required to receive alert notifications via text message.
- Badge / ID Number
- Shift - If no shifts display in the dropdown, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up.
- Home Station - Set the user's default home station to log directly into the station they work out of most. If they work at multiple locations, set to No Home Station to display a station selection page each time they log in.
- Log-In Landing Page - Set the preferred log-in home page to one of the three options:
- Station Home - displays the apparatus schedule, alerts, and journal entries. This is the default option for all users.
- Department Status Report (Mobile) - displays all vehicles across all stations in a mobile-optimized format. You can view the Department Status Report by navigating to Vehicle & Station > Department Status Report.
- Department Status Report (Table) - displays all vehicles across all stations in a format optimized for a desktop, including search and filter options. You can view the Department Status Report by navigating to Vehicle & Station > Department Status Report > Table View.
- Station Access Settings - Select which station(s) this user should have access to.
Editing user information & permissions
To edit an existing user in PSTrax, go to Settings > Personnel > User List and click Edit User next to the person you'd like to change. For a detailed list of user permission levels, check out this article.
Removing users from PSTrax
When a user no longer needs access to the system, he/she can be deactivated by navigating to Settings > Personnel > User List > Edit User and selecting Inactive under the Status section. This will shut off the login for the user, but keep their name tied to any past logged activity in PSTrax. You can view all inactive users at Settings > Personnel > User List > Inactive Users (in the dropdown next to Add User in the upper right corner).